Alan Katz ChFC, CLU, AEP, CRC®, CWS®
Managing Member - The Wealth Development Group, LLC
Mr. Katz's professional background and experiences include prior tenure as:
- Executive Vice President of DISC Systems Inc. - a publisher of life insurance, estate and financial planning software for personal computers.
- Vice President, Product Development of Multiple Funding Services (a Dun and Bradstreet Company) - publishers of advanced life insurance, estate and financial planning software
- Director, Marketing Services - MONY Financial Services (home office) for agent training and advanced systems support development.
- Director, Advanced Tax & Estate Planning- The Nadel Agency of The New England Life
Mr. Katz's educational and professional certifications include:
- BBA - Marketing & Finance - Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 1964
- CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) - American College, Bryn Mawr, PA 1968
- MBA program in Federal Taxation - NYU Graduate Business School, 1971
- ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) - American College, Bryn Mawr, 1984
- AEP (Accredited Estate Planner) - National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, 2009
- CRC [Certified Retirement Counselor] - International Foundation for Retirement Education, 2009
- CWS [Certified Wealth Strategist] - Cannon Financial Institute, 2014
During his professional career, Mr. Katz currently is or has been affiliated with the following organizations and institutions:
- The Estate Planning Councils of NYC, Bucks County & Montgomery County - Past President of MCEPC.
- The Society of Financial Service Professional- Philadelphia, New York City - previously served as a director of GPC-SFSP.
- The Financial Planning Association - Philadelphia, NYC.
- The National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors- Greater Philadelphia, NYC - previously served as a director of NAIFA-Bucks County.
- Pennsylvania Society of Accounting & Tax Professionals-Bux/Mont Chapter.
- Delaware Valley College - Served as Adjunct Instructor for Financial Planning.
Mr. Katz is also affiliated with the following community based & service organizations:
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce - Past Chair, Entrepreneurial Assistance Committee
- Temple Sinai - Dresher, PA - Past-President and Life Member of the Board of Trustees.
- Jewish Learning Venture- Bux/Mont Region Kehillah- served as a member of the oversite
committee & past lay chair of YAHAD, the inter-synagogue/agency consortium.
- Harry S. Truman Lodge No. 1066 F.&A.M. - NYC -Past Master
- Lancer Lodge No. 849 KofP - Yonkers, NY - Past Chancellor